International nationals from a nation outside the EEA and/or EFTA, who want to stay static in Iceland for longer than three (3) months, will need to have a latin dating sites legitimate residence license.
Residence allows on grounds of wedding or cohabitation are awarded on grounds of Art. 70 associated with Act on Foreigners no. 80/2016.
A residence license is given to an intending that is individual relocate to Iceland to reside with his/her spouse or cohabiting partner in Iceland. The necessity is the fact that spouse or cohabiting partner is an Icelandic or a Scandinavian resident, a international resident keeping a permanent residence license or a short-term residence permit on grounds of work needing qualified expertise, for athletes, for moms and dads, on grounds of worldwide security, humanitarian grounds, unique link with Iceland or higher level studies.
Particular unique needs use regarding family members reunification for many who hold a residence license in Iceland on grounds of worldwide security, humanitarian grounds, special connection or perhaps a residence license being a moms and dad. The partner or cohabitant of this applicant whom is applicable for reunification in Iceland should have worked or studied in Iceland in appropriate stay the past four (4) years before publishing a software (unless an exemption is applicable).
You may possibly have a right to a residence license as being a spouse or cohabiting partner if every one of the following demands are met, along with other people
- You might be over the age of 18 years,
- you had been 18 years old or older when you married or entered partnership that is cohabiting
- Year you are married or have been in cohabiting partnership for more than one (1,
- you have got a spouse or partner that is cohabiting lives in Iceland and it is an Icelandic or Scandinavian resident, or an international resident keeping a permanent residence license or even a foreign resident remaining in Iceland on grounds of the residence license as previously mentioned above,
- the marriage fulfills certain requirements for enrollment based on the law regarding domicile,
- you should have a home that is permanent the exact same location as your partner or your cohabiting partner,
- you can easily show during your stay that you are able to provide for yourself,
- you have got a legitimate insurance coverage with an Icelandic insurance carrier (on the go insurance firms) or even an international insurance carrier authorized to use in Iceland (within the industry Foreign Insurance businesses),
- you’ve got perhaps not offered a sentence that is criminal over the last five (5) years or been sentenced by way of a court of legislation for an offense which would be punishable by significantly more than three (3) months imprisonment based on Icelandic legislation, and
- your partner will not be sentenced by a court of legislation or been susceptible to safety that is public for the past five (5) years (unless an exemption is applicable), and
- the spouse//cohabiting partner in Iceland consents into the license being issued.
You may perhaps maybe not
- have married or be a cohabiting partner for convenience purposes (in other words. for any other reasons than being along with your partner, as an example, the sole function being to have a residence license in Iceland),
- have been around in cohabiting partnership for under one (1) if you apply for a cohabiting partnership permit year,
- take effect until a residence and work license happens to be awarded, you do not have to apply for a work permit (please note that a cohabiting partner of an Icelandic citizen may not start to work before his/her residence permit has been granted) unless you are the spouse or cohabiting partner of an Icelandic citizen, in which case,
- benefit a boss apart from the only upon that your job license is dependent, and
- remain in another nation more than three (3) months in most 12-month period of the residence license period; otherwise the residence license could be terminated or revoked.
A credit card applicatoin for a residence and work license and documents that are supporting be submitted towards the Directorate of Immigration or during the workplaces associated with the region commissioners not in the Reykjavнk Metropolitan region.
Remember that various guidelines may connect with a license to remain whenever a credit card applicatoin is submitted even though its being prepared. Partners and cohabiting partners could be in Iceland whenever a credit card applicatoin is submitted when they base their directly on somebody who falls beneath the groups above except a spouse/cohabiting partner of a pupil if he/she is needed to have visa. See information that is further the part on liberties which are connected to the license.
If an applicant doesn’t satisfy these demands plus the needs talked about below, the applying for a residence license shall be refused plus the applicant must keep Iceland. A job candidate would you maybe perhaps maybe not keep the national country could be susceptible to expulsion or an entry ban. An entry ban can be an entry ban to the Schengen region for the certain time period or even for two (2) years as the absolute minimum.
The applicant is in charge of trying to get renewal of his/her residence allow at least four (4) months ahead of the legitimacy of this license expires. Should this be done, the applicant is allowed in which to stay Iceland although the application for renewal will be prepared by the Directorate of Immigration. If your renewal of the residence license just isn’t sent applications for prior to the amount of credibility expires, the applying are going to be managed as though this had been a very first license, maybe maybe maybe not renewal. A credit card applicatoin received following the past license has expired will undoubtedly be refused in the event that applicant won’t have a license to stay in Iceland although the application has been prepared.
Further on a residence license for the spouse and partner that is cohabiting
Rights connected to the license
Application for a very first license
Liberties connected to the license
- The partner or a cohabiting partner may take Iceland whenever trying to get a residence license and even though it really is being prepared, except the spouse and cohabiting partner of a pupil who’s needed to have visa. A job candidate that is necessary to have visa and that is abroad whenever trying to get a residence license cannot arrive at Iceland until the residence license has been provided.
- The partner or cohabiting partner of a Icelandic citizen is authorized to focus with no work license in Iceland. Partners of Icelandic residents can start to exert effort the moment they will have submitted a credit card applicatoin for the residence license but a partner that is cohabiting maybe perhaps not take effect prior to the residence license happens to be provided. Other applicants must submit an application for an ongoing work license when they want to work with Iceland and can even perhaps maybe not start working until a residence and work license happens to be provided.
- A residence license is usually provided for starters (1) 12 months at the same time, nonetheless, two (2) years as being a optimum. The license legitimacy may nevertheless never exceed the credibility amount of the spouse/cohabiting partner‘s license.
- A residence license might be renewed for 2 (2) years being a maximum, offered certain requirements for the license continue to be met, nevertheless, the permit may not be legitimate more compared to the license of the individual upon that the applicant bases his/her right.
- A right is provided by the residence permit to family members reunification. A residence license may be reproduced for on grounds of family members reunification for:
- the applicant’s kids beneath the chronilogical age of 18 in the event that applicant has custody of these;
- the parents of a job candidate in the event that moms and dads are 67 years old or older (will not connect with pupils).
- The residence license might be a foundation of the permanent residence license.
- The spouse of a Icelandic resident may have the best to Icelandic citizenship after three (3) several years of residing in Iceland after marriage, supplied particular other needs are met. One requirement is the fact that spouse has received Icelandic citizenship for at the very least five (5) years.
- A cohabiting partner of a citizen that is icelandic have the ability to Icelandic citizenship after five (5) several years of located in Iceland following the formal enrollment of cohabitation, so long as other needs are met. One requirement is the fact that the partner has received Icelandic citizenship for at the very least five (5) years.